Was reading this morning about God’s plans and what struck me was the comment, “God’s plans are not dependent on our successes” which led into “trust in his power not our competence”.
God has amazing plans for us and I believe these will happen through his power, so if we fail it’s not going to stop God, he knows our weaknesses and incompetence and he still works through us and in us to achieve all he has mapped out for us.
Led me to look up some verses about God’s plans and have just listed 10 below but there are so many more… makes me stand back in awe and wonder at God’s amazing provision and plans for my life despite my failures and incompetence of the past and future…
- Proverbs 16:3 – Commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish your plans.
- Proverbs 19:21 – Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – 11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Psalm 37:7 – Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
- Jeremiah 1:5 – Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.’
- Isaiah 43:19 – See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Philippians 1:6 – being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 – But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.
- John 15:16 – 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
I am undertaking to trust your amazing plans for me, I hand over my plans to you cos I don’t want to do this my way it is your purpose that will succeed, your plans are filled with good things, plans of hope, promise of a great future, plans of a loving God who created me to be part of the bigger picture, no longer the missing piece but now an essential component, anointed one, chosen personally, called for a specific purpose, confident that you start whatever you finish, you work for good for those who love you, use me oh God to spread the aroma of your victory and the knowledge of your Majesty far and wide, stand by my side as I celebrate that you chose me and I choose to follow that through, to confess with my tongue that you are Lord, believe in my heart that you rose again triumphantly winning victory over the enemy and I seek your guidance, your plans more perfect than I could imagine, so I come before you with patience and I wait, I don’t fret or worry when others are hurrying about their business making decisions, moving forwards, I wait until I see this new thing and as a spring of living water flowing through me your Spirit guides me on the paths of truth, fulfilling the plans you have for me, restoring my holy destiny.