I have been praying over the future of my business almost like where does it fit into the bigger picture which for me is now my service to God and I have a page in my journal now filled with verses and thoughts from God. The main theme is trust but there is an overriding message too of letting my light shine, being a spark and God will turn me into a raging fire, that I can do anything if I trust and obey the Lord. So I don’t yet have a definitive answer but one thing I do know that if I keep turning to God and following his plans everything is going to work out for good. I do now believe that my business is the place for me to let God’s light shine through me and that’s the first answer to my prayers..now to see where God leads this plan.
So the verses I have are quite eclectic but very personal in many ways:
- Proverbs 19:21-Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails
- Psalm 91 – which tells me to make God my refuge and trust his timing, call upon him and he will answer
- Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path
- Hebrews 12:29 – Our God is a consuming fire (if I am a spark he can turn me into a raging flame)
- Matthew 6:11 – Give us this day our daily bread (small prayer for big things God provides)
- John 6:48 – I am the bread of life (God is all I need)
- Isaiah 40:31-Mount up with wings like eagles
- 1 John 5:14 – This is the confidence we have in him, if we ask anything in his name he hears
- Ephesians 3:20 -He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine
Thanks God that you are the master of planning, spanning my lifetime your plans make mine pale into insignificance, the difference? You can do immeasurably more than I ask or imagine, you have absolutely perfect timing and your plans are all consuming, shooting me high into the sky, soaring on wings like an eagle, you have no equals you are above all we can imagine and that’s the attraction, your provision illustrates your precision, your desire to use us requires our trust and obedience, and this is the confidence we have in you, that anything we want to do we can ask and you hear, we need not fear getting it wrong for your desire will be done, you provide all our needs and as we read your word it’s like a bright shining light, illuminating our path setting us right, my plans no longer required as I become inspired by what you plan for me, as you gradually let me see a glimpse of my light shining, reminding me that a breakthrough is imminent, emphasising to me your power and magnificence.