How important our attitude is, and attitude is something we can choose in every situation. Isn’t it true that our attitude helps to determine our direction? As Christians putting on our new self every morning certainly helps us to walk in the path God chose for us.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
- Philippians 2:14-15 – Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
- Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Psalm 150: 1-6 – Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! …
Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching? Attitudes, worn on our sleeves, seen from afar, what’s mine saying about me? Is my attitude one of gratitude, does it show my faith in Jesus, using the power that he puts in us to overcome all circumstances, are all my abilities utilised to their fullest because I am motivated and determine to “just do it”, as I speak, do my words reflect the attitude of my heart, do I need to start again, reframe my perspective, trust in God cos he gets it, he knows some days life will be tough but in his Word tells us he is enough, set your eyes on him, praise him for what he has done, give thanks for every good thing, practice your praise, practice your worship even when you’re not feeling it, give back to God and you will see that he will reward you faithfully.