I have been meditating on Psalm 33 and as part of the meditation was encouraged to see what stood out within the Psalm for me and pray into it. I was drawn to this verse, which reminded me of a verse in 2 Chronicles which talks about God’s eyes scanning the earth for those who have committed to him in order that he can strengthen them.
- Psalm 33:18 – But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love
- 2 Chronicles 16:9 – For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him
There are a number of similar verses, all talking of how God looks down from heaven on us, reassuring verses that let us know that God sees all we do, he hears our cries and is attentive to our prayers.
- Psalm 34:15 – The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry
- Psalm 53:2 – God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.
- 1 Peter 3:12 – For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer
God’s not looking for perfection, but he will look in your direction if your heart is turned towards him, he can do the impossible through you, don’t be restricted by blinkered thinking, don’t believe the lies of the enemy who tells you God doesn’t see, God’s eyes roam the earth and when he sees the lengths you’re going to he’ll strengthen you, he’ll stand beside you and those who walk with God always reach their destination, people will humiliate you, God will magnify you, people will judge you, God will justify you, people will hate you, God will love you, his eyes remain on you oh faithful one, his ears are attentive to your cry your prayers are heard, every word, be on a mission to fulfil God’s vision, keep your motivation, continue on in the name of Jesus, not called to be successful but called to be faithful, honour him and he’ll honour you, live a life of hope, release your potential, remembering God will never leave you, nor will he forsake you.