I received a word of encouragement the other day and it involved me in a toboggan with Jesus in the driving seat. Twists and turns are promised, breath taking adventure ahead, yet I need to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, keep leaning with him to keep the toboggan moving fast and purposefully towards the end goal.
I have been reflecting on this and the song “Jesus take the wheel” popped up on my Facebook Timeline. (Jesus is clearly one of my unseen Facebook friend!) The chorus says:
Jesus, take the wheel Take it from my hands ‘Cause I can’t do this on my own I’m letting go
It reminded me of the need to allow God to continue to lead and “steer” my life, the need to submit to his plans and to work with him, under his direction. The adventure beckons and with Jesus in the front seat I am safely strapped in and ready to fly down that mountain!
- Proverbs 19:21 – Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand
- Isaiah 14;24 – The Lord of hosts has sworn: “As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand
- Romans 8:28 – And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose
- 1 Chronicles 29:11 – Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.
- Proverbs 21:1 – The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will
- Psalm 37:23 – The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way
- 1 John 2:5 – But whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:
Standing at the starting line, comfortable in my state of not knowing, faith bigger than my fear, and we’re off, I’m listening for his voice and drawing near, doing it all for the glory of God, it’s not so hard I just let Jesus steer, see Jesus is real and he’s on my side, he’s not just here for the ride, he’s here to drive, he’s here to lead me on an adventure, I tuck in behind him and keep my head down, twisting and turning on life’s journey, Jesus steering in the right direction, establishing my path, perfecting my ways, I lean with him as we speed into the next bend, my Saviour and my friend keeps me safe, he is super excited for me to see the plans he has for me, he can’t wait to show me my destiny, he’s longing to use this time to teach and guide me, I close my eyes in trust not fear, I close my eyes and hear his voice, my heart somersaults and I rejoice that he has planned and he has purposed, his love encloses my very being and that’s a kind of awesome feeling…