Reflecting still on God’s immense love for me and this was echoed loudly in my daily Bible reading from Isaiah 43. I am getting a better feel for what that love really looks like; adoption into God’s family, a family without borders, a family without secrets, without the mess and guilt that comes with human families. An eternal Father, that is an eternal Father who will always be by my side no matter what, who will always treat me with love and respect and who will be proud to be known as my Daddy. My eternal Father sees me as “priceless”, “precious and honoured” in his sight. Wow and I thought that Jesus dying for me was priceless yet God sees me as priceless, go figure that one out!
- 1 John 3:1 – See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
- Isaiah 43:1 – Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
- Isaiah 43:4 – Since you are precious and honoured in my sight and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life
- Psalm 17:7 – Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.
- Song of Solomon 2:4 – Let him lead me to the banquet hall and let his banner over me be love.
LOVE CAME DOWN
This world is broken, period. A dark and soulless place, the human race struggling with selfish ambition, competition, vying for position, emissions of stinking pride and lust, vanity, insanity, profanity, humanity on the edge yet God looks down, hand outstretched, come to me all who are burdened, all who need rest. Heavy hearted? I have not departed, I never left you, my love for you never ending, I’m sending you this reminder, do not fear for you are mine, call out to me and I will call your name, cast your shame on me, precious and honoured in my sight, priceless, you ain’t seen nothing like this, love, honour and respect, not to mention your debt blotted out because his love came down, and he wants all to know that you are his adopted child, hand-picked to sit at his side, see the great love he will lavish on us, answer him and be called a child of the one true King.