Revelation, a surprising and previously unknown fact that has been disclosed to others – I was thinking about the “revelation of God” in relation to the time we first meet him. The revelation of his word and what it means to us, the revelation of his love and how powerful that is, that God loves us, sinners to the core and even greater than that, God will forgive us. All revelations that are life changing, forever. I then got to thinking about the nature of God and just thought I would look in the book of Revelation to get some insight. These are a few verses that I picked out:
- Revelation 1:7 – Look, he is coming with the clouds,”and “every eye will see him
- Revelation 1:8 – I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty
- Revelation 3:19-20 – Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
- Revelation 7:17 – For the Lamb at the centre of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes
- Revelation 21 4-5 – He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”
- Revelation 22:4 – They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
- Revelation 22:13 – I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End
- Revelation 22:17 – Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life
HE’S COMING BACK
One day he’s coming back and that’s a fact, whatever you say or think now in a blink of an eye you will change your mind, when you look to the sky and see Jesus coming down with the clouds your judgment won’t be clouded, your opinion won’t be divided, you will be provided with a front row seat as you get to meet the “I AM”, the one who is and was and is to come, now that’s not as dumb as it may sound, God is the one who founded the earth and gave you birth, he’s alive now and he’ll live for ever, yet if you never give thought to his very being I doubt you’ll be seeing his return with joy and anticipation, more likely you’ll be feeling a sinking sensation as you prepare to meet your maker, he called you before to repent yet it meant nothing to you as you chose to continue to do what you do, because let’s face it you didn’t believe it was true, you chose to ignore him when he knocked on your door, you made out like you’d not heard, God offered you living water, but you wanted something stronger and see you are a stranger in God’s house where the old order of things has passed away, a place where there is no more sorrow and no more pain, God himself wiping the tears from our eyes, now that may be a surprise to you, but I knew what my God promised me, I knew that he was setting me free, he made me new and he can do that for you, you have a chance now, you have freedom of choice to stop reading this and listen to God’s voice, ask him to show you that he is real, ask him to feel his love and his grace, ask him to place your sins at the cross and give you a footpath across the divide so you too can reside with him in heaven where you will see his face and receive his grace, day after day, you can stay in that place of perpetual joy, enjoy a taste now don’t be like those who destroy their lives with more and more sin, he’s waiting for you to say, “Jesus come in”, you know on that day when Jesus returns I don’t want you to burn in Hell because you fell into the trap the Devil has set you by telling you that all the God stuff in unfounded, I want you to be grounded in the truth of God’s word, I want to know that you’ve heard this message and allowed God to pull you from the wreckage of a human life that can only be changed because of his sacrifice, one day he’s coming back for you, will you be ready to meet the one who adores you?