“God has a vision far greater than my sight” – J S Park
Understanding the “bigger picture” can be hard. However, we don’t have the vision of God, we don’t see all the puzzle pieces, we just see our own. God’s plans are immense and perfect, they are in his timing and to his agenda. But we can rest assured that they are plans for welfare and not for evil, plans to give us a future and a hope.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths
- Proverbs 16:9 – The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
- Isaiah 58:11 – And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 – But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—
The excitement in obedience, what has God got in store for me? Plans for his glory, plans to use me to magnify his powerful name, nothing the same as I expected as God works his perfect plan out in my life, his ways more beautiful than my disappointments, his plans greater than my deepest fears, powerful, incredible, the working out of every detail to my advantage, satisfying my desires in the desert, building my strength and going to incredible lengths to maintain me with streams of living water, he never fails me, his timing is perfect, and should I forget to trust in him the Bible reminds me again and again, trust in God’s plans, trust in his ways, all my days ordained and written in his book, I don’t need to take a look I trust and I pray, I give away my own desires and ask only that God fires me up to do his will, I trust in God, I am still.