At my ladies group last night we were looking at adopting a Kingdom Lifestyle and what we could do differently over the next 30 days to meet with God. One of the options I chose (which was probably not the most challenging as I write regularly) was to write a praise prayer and use it daily to springboard my prayer time. I will be doing some different challenges that stretch me more but this one was one I really felt was right for me.
- Psalm 34:2 – “With all my heart, I will praise the LORD. Let all who are helpless, listen and be glad.”
- 1 Peter 2:9 – But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light
- Psalm 69:30 – “I will praise the LORD God with a song and a thankful heart.”
- Psalm 71:23 – You have rescued me! I will celebrate and shout, singing praises to you with all my heart.”
- Psalm 148:1-4 – “Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.”
- Psalm 149:6 – “Let the high praises of God be in their mouth and a two-edged sword in their hand”
- Hebrews 13:15 – “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”
- Psalm 103:1-2 – “Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me.”
- Psalm 113:1-4 – “Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD’s name is to be praised. The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.”
PRAYER OF PRAISE
Praise you God, praise your name, blessed be your name, blessed be my praise as it pours from my heart, chosen, royal, holy, a special possession, let my expression of praise be acceptable, may nothing be conventional about my praise and worship to you God who purchased my sins and rescued me, I celebrate, I shout aloud, singing praises through the storm clouds and through the sunshine, cos I am yours and you are mine, may you be praised in the heavens, praised in the heights, everlasting light, may my praise be right and good, let your praise be continually in my mouth, a double edged sword in my hand, may I stand before your throne and make known my thanks and praise all of my days, may I never forget your mercy, all the things you’ve done for me for it is right to give my thanks and praise, blessed be your name from this time forth and for evermore, from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same your name oh Lord is to be praised, high above all nations, your glory shines above the heavens, praise him you sun and moon, praise him stars of light, praise him all creatures great and small, praise him with all my heart, may others listen and be glad, may their hearts soar to hear the praise and hear my roar of approval as I bring my grateful heart to my loving God, remembering all that you have done for me, celebrating all your love for me, rejoicing in your presence continually.