My daily reading “respond” challenged us to write a short blessing for someone. Always up for a challenge I have written the following based on these verses
- Luke 1:45 – Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfil his promises to her!’
- Exodus 14:14 – The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still
- Psalm 23:5 – You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
- Isaiah 45:8 – You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it.
- Psalm 37:4 – Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
May your cup overflow with blessings, may you be so blessed you can’t contain it, may you never forget God’s timing is perfect, he never fails you nor forsakes you, as your prayers go up, may blessings fall down, may they be as countless as the grains of sand and as the Lord commands his angels to look after you may you feel peace, as you count your blessings as you name them one by one may you never cease to be overwhelmed at all that God has done, may salvation spring up within your family, may the Lord prepare your table, anoint you freely, may your cup completely overflow with blessings and I’m guessing what I’m really saying is may God’s face shine upon you today, be blessed my friends in every way.