God is the beginning and the end, all-encompassing in between, he created us and will be our God for all eternity. This led me to write this fun poem maybe a quick blast through biblical history!
- Isaiah 44:6 -Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.
- Isaiah 48:12 – “Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.
- Revelation 1:8 – “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
- Revelation 1:17-18 – When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
- Revelation 21:6-7- Then He said to me, “It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. “He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
- Revelation 22:13 – I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
ALPHA AND OMEGA
Alpha, Genesis, where it all starts, Big Bang, creation, a new beginning, Adam, then Eve, the serpent then sinning, lying, killing, idol worshipping, slander and envy as God’s people waited for the promised land, no man found worthy of their calling, OK so some did better than others and heeded God’s warnings but all fell short of perfection but it’s OK cos God’s plans were already in place, in order for humans to have any chance of running the race we needed a Saviour, Prophets foretold of his coming of his impending death on a cross so that man would no longer be permanently lost, a baby born to Mary, a virgin birth so pure and holy, Jesus the child already worthy, preparation for his earthly calling, disciples selected, miracles effected, Pharisees suspected, plotted, Judas traitor, sealed with a kiss, crowds cried crucify him, Peter denied him, cockerel crowed, nails held his feet and hands, a crown of thorns thrust on his head, a sword inserted to ensure he was dead, tomb donated, friends waited in sorrow and sadness, three days later madness, stone rolled away, empty grave, Jesus had come to save the world, Satan could not keep him down, the enemy defeated, Jesus victorious, in glorious scenes his disciples receive him, scars shown to doubting Thomas, Jesus lived among us for just a short time more, ascended into heaven, Holy Spirit ccame, strengthening us to do God’s will whilst waiting for the second coming, anticipating with joy the bride meeting the bridegroom, heavens palatial rooms prepared for us, revelation, elation, Omega the end.