One day we will see the beauty of God for ourselves. I was thinking about this when listening to a song this morning. When I think of some of the most beautiful places I have been to in this world, where nature has literally made me gasp in amazement then I have to excitedly anticipate the day when God’s own beauty will be revealed. You see all I have experienced is the beauty of God’s amazing creation which to me is mind blowing so how much more I have to look forward to in the future. I was reading in Isaiah about the Seraphim and kind of got that the two wings covering their faces are because the beauty of God is too much to behold. Interesting to think about heaven. On one level I kind of just think it will be great but when I look at it on a deeper or more intricate level I just know I will be fascinated for all eternity by all the beauty I am going to encounter when I finally get there.
- Revelation 22:4-5 – They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
- Psalm 27:4 – One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple.
- Isaiah 6:2-3 – Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: with two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.’
- Isaiah 33:17 -Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; they will behold a far-distant land.
- Acts 7:55 – But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;
Fascinated for all eternity by your beauty, as we the newly appointed residents of your heavenly Kingdom bow in fearsome reverence and praise we’ll see your face, no more night, just eternal day and we shall reign for ever and ever a reward for those who have spent their days seeking to obey, as we sought salvation God has brought us through every temptation to dwell in his house all the days of our lives, to behold his beauty, to meditate duly in his temple, our eyes will see the King in his beauty, we shall gaze intently into his glory our old lives gone, history, this a new story, a story of amazing grace where the light of your face will flow into our space, the race has been run a new chapter begun, and there is nothing more perfect that I can imagine than to see just a fraction of your beauty, to finally see a reflection of your perfection.