I have been reading a book about the desires of the human heart and one of our desires is to be appreciated, to be loved. What is the most amazing part of this book is that it reminds us that God appreciates me, he loves us and he wants to spend time with us. Now that is amazing, I understand my wanting to spend time with God because he has done so much for me and set me free, but to understand that God wants to spend time with me is awesome.
- Zephaniah 3:17 – The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.’
- Isaiah 62:3 – You will be a crown of splendour in the Lord’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
- Psalm 18:19 – He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
- Isaiah 62:4 – for the Lord will take delight in you,
- Psalm 147:11 – The Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love.”
- Ephesians 3:17-18 – And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
NOT JUST A CONCEPT
Not just a concept, this is reality, my God delights in me. OK so l may have fears, doubts and imperfections but that is no reflection of what God thinks of me, my God doesn’t just put up with me, sighing in resignation as once again I fall into temptation, as I blatantly get stuff wrong, God longs for me, looks upon me graciously, he yearns for my company and he delights in me, he brought me out into a spacious place, a place where I can learn to be all he created me to be, he guides and counsels me and I am gradually transforming as I continue to fear him, to seek him with all my heart and as I honour him his delight grows and as much as I desire to be in his presence, he desires to be with me, his prayer for me that I will be so established and rooted in his love that I finally grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the Saviour’s love for me, how completely he is in love with me, unbelievable it may be but the truth is my God delights in me.