One thing I’m not that good at is being patient. So that’s definitely an area I need to work on, I ask God a question and if I don’t feel like I get an immediate response I get frustrated. Yet looking back at the last 18 months there have been so many responses from God, so many answers to prayer I have no doubt whatsoever that he will answer, I just have to learn to be patient and wait on God, more silence from me and more listening.
- Micah 7:7 – But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Saviour; my God will hear me.
- Psalm 40:1 -“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.”
- Romans 8:24-25 -“For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”
- Isaiah 40:31 -“Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
- Galatians 6:9 -“And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.”
- John 13:7 -Jesus replied, “You don’t understand what I’m doing now, but someday you will.”
- Romans 12:12- “Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying.”
- Psalm 119:114 – You’re my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me.
Waiting, anticipating, what will God say today, talking, asking, speaking, praying, what is he saying? Slow down, sit down, take your time, wait patiently for his word, he’s turned to you, he’s heard your cry, he will not deny you, he tells you be patient in times of trouble and never stop praying, so I’m just saying make that prayer multi layered, a time to talk and a time to listen, a time to climb to your watch tower and wait on his power, stay alert God has heard every word, let your hope make you glad for you have space in that place of quiet retreat where you wait for God to speak, for his word to renew, and it’s so true that we don’t understand all that God does now, but we will, on that glorious day when we cast our crowns before his throne we will know and now as we wait for his word we draw on his strength, rise up with wings like eagles, soaring over our issues and worries with an unhurried attitude, God’s got this, he’s in control, with God in the picture our lives are made whole, so don’t lose heart in doing good for the time is coming when you will reap all that you sow, where God’s blessings will overflow.