- Judges 16:6 – So Delilah spoke to Samson. She said, “Tell me the secret of why you are so strong
- Judges 16:20 – He woke up from his sleep. He thought, “I’ll go out just as I did before. I’ll shake myself free.” But he didn’t know that the Lord had left him.
I have been reading the story of Samson and these two verses kind of stuck out. It doesn’t matter how strong we think we are if we don’t have God we lose all our strength. In our weakness his strength is perfected and he gives us strength in all situations. So I acknowledge that I am strong because God is with me and I will honour him so he never leaves me.
- Daniel 10:19 – Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.” When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.”
- Psalm 121:2 – My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- Psalm 27:14 – Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD
I AM STRONG
I am strong as long as I have you in my heart, well founded, well made, hard as nails, unyielding to Satan’s lies, eyes wide open, so here’s how it works, God takes a broken life and makes it better, he takes it from mediocre or even dire to a higher place, you see God gives us grace daily and that’s not the kind of grace before you eat your meals, this grace well it’s a major deal, like God’s love in action towards man who deserved a different reaction, love for man who did not deserve it, for sinners who could not lift a finger to help themselves, God sent Jesus to descend into Hell and I can’t oversell that concept, the prospect of eternal life because of that selfless sacrifice, you know the score, Jesus was crucified because of our lust and pride, because of the tide of sin that swept over mankind, I think you’ll find not one could be found who was free of sin except Jesus of course and his act underpins the foundations of love that only God could demonstrate, he put hatred in its place and now we can face life with a new perspective with God in our hearts we are no longer broken or defective, irrespective of our past behaviours we are filled with God’s Spirit, we are at one with our Saviour, when God speaks we are strengthened, at the mention of God’s name every knee will bow so how can we fail to be invigorated when we realise that we are part of God’s story, our history written before we were born, we are strong in our weakness, made in the likeness of the Lord God most high, arise and be strong, take heart our God will never be apart from us as long as we honour and obey, trust in all that God does and says.