Waiting to hear God speak can sometimes feel really hard yet other times it’s like I hear from him really easily. I kind of figure this is more down to me than God! It’s like when I take quality time out to spend with God and am not hurried then I can tune into him, because I have given him my time so that I can wait on his voice. Yet when I meet with God and have like 10 minutes then it is rushed and not so effective. So I am not surprised at that because God tells us in so many ways that we should wait on him. But not just wait, wait expectantly, believing that he is going to talk to us.
- Psalm 27:14 – Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD
- Psalm 37:7 – Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act
- Psalm 46:10 – Be still and know that I am God
- Psalm 65:2 – Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him”
- Psalm 130:5, “I wait expectantly, trusting God to help, for he has promised”
- Habakkuk 2:2 – I will wait to see what the LORD says and how he will answer
- Isaiah 40:31 – But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Waiting, anticipating, believing that I will hear from you, quietly, patiently, selflessly giving time to be at one with you, I am still, I will hear from you, I wait, my strength is renewed because I believe you when you say you will never leave me, never walk away or close the door in my face, I take heart as I set time apart to spend in silence in our holy space, I place my trust in you, I wait to see what you have to say, how you will answer, I look to you as my anchor, you keep me grounded, my faith grounded in your overpowering love, I raise my eyes to the skies above, covered by the blood of the Lamb, redeemed by the God of Abraham, I am saved no longer enslaved to sin, the day I let you in we connected and I come to you in expectation of two way conversation, I talk, I rest, I listen, I rise up renewed, reconnected, injected with energy to run and not grow weary and to see your plans more clearly.