Last night at our Ladies group we sang Love divine all loves excelling, what an amazing hymn. I particularly love the last verse:
Finish, then, thy new creation;
pure and spotless let us be.
Let us see thy great salvation
perfectly restored in thee;
changed from glory into glory,
till in heaven we take our place,
till we cast our crowns before thee,
lost in wonder, love, and praise.
How awesome to sing that verse knowing that one day I will “cast my crown” before the Lord, I have an amazing image in my head of that moment. It also speaks of God finishing his new creation, I know I will never be finished while here on earth but it’s an incredible thought that one day I will be exactly as God designed me to be.
- James 1:12 – Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
- Psalm 103: 4-5 – who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- Isaiah 35:10 – and those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
- Isaiah 61:3 – and provide for those who grieve in Zion – to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendour.
- 1 Corinthians 9:25 – Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last for ever.
- 1 Peter 5:4 – And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
- Revelation 2:10 – Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.
God you are amazing and I will be praising your name for all eternity, you are awesome and I feel so privileged to live in your protection, to know that my life has direction, a purpose, I question whether you have even scratched the surface of your love for me? God you redeemed me from the pit and saw fit to crown this sinner’s head with a crown of love and compassion, fashioned a crown of beauty instead of ashes, your sacrificial blood washes over me and makes me clean, I have never seen such love before, such undeserved incredible love, such amazing grace and on that day in heaven when at last I gaze upon your face having completed this race I will be blessed knowing that I stood the test and passed with flying colours, I am not afraid of what I may suffer I have the comforter living within me, I reach out to you God and you rescue me, when you appear on that glorious day you will crown me with a crown of glory that will never fade away and until that day Lord as I serve here on earth I take my princess crown and cast if before you a small but heartfelt token of my immense love for you.