I read this quote today “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls” – Mother Teresa. Love that thought and it’s so important to capture and use the joy that God has given us through his love and promises. To take hold of joy and not allow the enemy to destroy our joy which is not only our strength but as God tells us in Proverbs “a good medicine” and as Mother Teresa so accurately spoke, provides us with opportunities to spread God’s love.
- John 15:11 – I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete
- John 16:24 – Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete
- Philippians 2: 2-3 – then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
- Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Proverbs 17:22 – A cheerful heart is good medicine but a crushed spirit dries up the bones
- Nehemiah 8:10 – The joy of the Lord is my strength
- James 1:2 – Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
The posture of my heart has changed since I gave it to God, I choose happiness, I choose to see the goodness in the world, I choose to forget the past and I choose to shine, to light up the sky, elated and exhilarated at the beauty of creation, my joy an accumulation of love and grace, a place where I’m filled with God’s surplus happiness, filled to capacity, crazy happy, my joy reminds me that God is in control, my joy is confidence that my circumstances are in his hands, my joy allows me to draw on his strength and right now I’m pretty hyped that he has promised to wipe away all our tears, take away all our fears, he cheers us as we walk his walk, he favours us as we talk his talk, he listens as we ask of him, and tells us we can receive anything, my joy complete in trials or victory cos God completes me, his joy is mine and mine is his, rapturous, ecstatic joy given so we can enjoy a life of freedom, of opportunity, bringing God to our friends and communities, joy our fishing net to catch lost souls, joy a reminder that God’s in control.