Was reading about Jesus being the “cornerstone” today and realised this is spoken about a number of times in the Bible and is so important, building our faith on Jesus is essential if he is not the anchor or cornerstone then our faith could so easily crumble.
- Romans 9:33 – just as it is written, “behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, and he who believes in him will not be disappointed.”
- Isaiah 28:16 – therefore thus says the Lord God, “behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, a costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.
- 1 Peter 2:7-8 – this precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve, “the stone which the builders rejected, this became the very corner stone,” and, “a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense”; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.
- Job 38:4-6 – “where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding, who set its measurements? Since you know. Or who stretched the line on it? “On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone,
- Acts 4:10-12 – let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom god raised from the dead–by this name this man stands here before you in good health. “He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the chief corner stone. “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
Jesus Christ our cornerstone, he alone is the foundation of our salvation, believe in him and you will not be disappointed, nor disturbed, he returned from the grave to save us, rejected and despised by man, nailed to a cross, written off, no better than a criminal, but his resurrection was pivotal in bringing us closer to our God who loves us, Hallelujah, Jesus the anchor, protecting us with a tenacity that defies rationality, we humble sinners figure in God’s plans and that includes me, God is my backbone, he alone supports me, he has radically changed me and continues to be the mainstay of my life, his sacrifice alone enough to draw me close, his love enough to drive me to want to protect others from stumbling and falling, my calling, who knows, only God holds the cards, he rewards us for our faithfulness, I know he has a plan for me and I wait patiently, for in God is my belief, with him in my corner I shall succeed.