Reading the bulletins from Open Doors you begin to see the enormity of persecution of Christians around the world. I don’t think even one country is free of persecution. Even in the Western world we see persecution even if on a smaller and less significant scale but being a Christian seems to single us out, people will hate and despise us. But we should not be surprised about this God has told us throughout scripture that we will be persecuted and the good news is we are blessed, we should rejoice because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon us.
- 2 Timothy 3:12- Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted
- John 15:18 – “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
- Matthew 5:44 – But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
- 1 Peter 4: 12-14 – Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
- 1 John 3:13 – Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.
- Luke 6:22 – “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!
Spit at me, belittle me, call me names, play your mind games, imprison me, beat me but you will never defeat me, one day you’ll see what I see, when Jesus returns you will drop to your knees in awe and wonder at my God, you will surrender to his authority, your eyes will finally be opened at that moment when he comes again, because you see I already know that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue confess that he is Christ the Lord, I am not surprised that you revile me because I desire to live differently, you can exclude me, accuse me, spurn my name, blame me for your hatred, my God has paved the way for me to bear the scars of your hate for me, he told me to love my enemies, pray for those who persecute me, injustice may surround me, I may endure abuse and cruelty but I know it’s all of a defeated enemy, his final throes of desperation to condemn you to eternal damnation, don’t give in to temptation to contribute by trying to silence a generation who will not be censored or repressed, I am blessed, the Spirit of God rests upon me, come see, come and see what God has done for me and then I guarantee your knee will bow at the power of his name, no more blame, no more shame when you turn away from sin and let Jesus in.