Was reading about obedience and kind of follows on from yesterday’s post which relies on us believing the word of God and interpreting it as he meant us to, not twisting the word to suit ourselves. So when we are obedient we reap great things, “consent and obey and you will eat the best of the land”. Sometimes it’s tough but when we are tempted to sin we must take control, ask for God’s help to overcome, immerse ourselves in his word to seek his guidance.
- Jeremiah 7:23 – “But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.’
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 – We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ
- 2 Corinthians 10: 5-6 (Message) We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
- Romans 6:17 – But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed,
- Romans 13:1 – Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
- 1 Peter 1:14 – As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance
- Isaiah 1:19 – “If you consent and obey, You will eat the best of the land
Fear God, like don’t be afraid to come into his presence or shake at the mention of his name, fear God with reverence and with obedience, obey his voice, it’s a commitment to God, listening, reacting, obeying his word, controlling your thoughts to see the absolute truth, fighting the mind battles that say sins OK, we are no longer ignorant to God, no longer a child in our thoughts and perceptions, we must control our imaginations and sinful desires, we must not turn aside from the truth of God’s word, obey with commitment and thanksgiving, living a life of honour no longer conforming to former lusts which were held in ignorance, demolish all arguments that stand against the word of God, tear down barriers that prevent us from reaching maturity, desire God’s authority and he gives us loyalty shares blessings in abundance, these fruits you will reap if you remain in obedience.