Have you ever stopped to think about what it means to be chosen by God? I was listening to a song yesterday which touched on being “chosen” and I was like “why did you choose me God, what did I do?” And then it struck me how privileged it is to be chosen, and even if it takes us a while to respond to God it is a gift and not one to be taken lightly. We need to respond to that gift with action, not inaction, we are chosen to bear fruit, we are anointed to proclaim the good news..
- John 15:16 – You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
- Isaiah 43:1 – Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
- Jeremiah 1:5 -Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations
- Ephesians 1:4 – For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
- Deuteronomy 7:6 – For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession
- Galatians 1:15 – But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased
- Isaiah 61:1 – The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners
- 1 Corinthians 15:52 – in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed
CHOSEN BY GOD
God chose me, OK so I ignored him to start with, he chose me but I chose not to be available, it wasn’t that I found him unbelievable I just found it favourable to follow the crowd, there I said it out loud, I wanted to fit in, yes to sin, to give in to temptation, to choose to strive for belongings and status, to practice bad habits, to have no boundaries, I wanted to be free but it was just the opposite, I was tied up in knots, enslaved to me and my beliefs, full of grief and pain, unable to claim freedom for I was in the wrong Kingdom, I chose to ignore that God picked me for his team, I did not recognise my exclusivity, but God was not letting me go, Satan was not having me he tried but God died to set me free, singled out for his divine blessing God was not messing around, he hounded Satan down, God turned my life around, God who had everything but still wanted me pursued me until I could see that I was not born to be insignificant, God had a magnificent plan for my life, and now my heart skips a beat when I think that I am part of an elite company of God, chosen and loved, set apart and from the start of creation I was endorsed, God did not force me to accept his calling but now I have I cannot see how I lived before I believed, before I accepted that his choice was me and now I am anointed, appointed, equipped and enabled, chosen for a reason, and this is my season to bear fruit, my passions not random, they are my calling and now I’m walking with the Lord I am spurred on to greater things as I rise up on wings like the eagle, freedom secured, life rearranged, I am sustained by God waiting for the trumpet call when in a moment, the twinkling of an eye we all will be changed.