I am significant in God’s eyes. So the battle is to stop trying to be significant with other people and accept with a passion that the only thing that matters is what God thinks of me and how he uses me. I suppose in honesty that includes how I think about “me” and I need to work with God to try and have a belief in my own significance. God has given us so much reassurance about who we are in him through the Bible, I have taken just a few of these verses below:
- Matthew 5:13-14 – ‘You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. ‘You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.
- John 15:1 – ‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
- John 15:16 – You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you
- Acts 1:8 – But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 – Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives among you?
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.
- 2 Corinthians 6:1 – As God’s fellow workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.
- Ephesians 2:6 – And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Ephesians 3:12 – In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all this through him who gives me strength
I AM SIGNIFICANT
Significant, powerful and serious, that’s what God’s word tells us, I am a natural preservative in the world, bringing out taste and flavour because I know and love my Saviour, my light makes the world visible and that’s not fictional, it’s biblical, I am pivotal in my circle, chosen by God, encircled by his love, he has anointed me to be a personal witness to his power and glory, and I shall bear fruit cos God recruited me personally to be a co-worker with Christ, a compelling light shining in darkness, now compare that with the starkness of being alone, no hope, no love, not knowing God; that’s hard…insignificance the difference between power and weakness, Jesus seeks us to be his Ministers of reconciliation saving souls from damnation, I AM a channel of God, his temple, Holy Spirit living in me empowering me to approach God freely in liberty and confidence to receive his unconditional pardon, freedom, I am part of God’s Kingdom, seated with God in the heavenly realm, overwhelming? Not for a child of God, he chose me, made me, I am a glorious display of God’s workmanship and I am free, able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me.