Listening to God is so important and sometimes I can spend hours with God and not feel like I have heard anything and other times spend just a few minutes and feel like I have heard so much. Was reading the other day that we are not to be disappointed when we spend time with God yet don’t feel like we’ve heard his voice, almost like banking time with God to build up your relationship and he is always there, we just need to tune in and relax in his presence.
Also it is so important to immerse ourselves in the Bible, that’s where I hear from God and it also serves as a reinforcement of God’s word to us, he will never ask us to do anything contradictory to his word.
- Job 37:5 – God’s voice thunders in marvellous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding
- Jeremiah 33:3 – Call to me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know
- Deuteronomy 28:2 -All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God
- 1 Samuel 3:9 – So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
- Psalm 116:2 – Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live
When my thoughts wage war within my mind, my equilibrium’s off kilter, filtering thoughts, selecting feelings, waiting for healing, fearing rejection, feeling dejection, Bible closed; God knows.
Obedience, that’s the key, listen to God who stills me, leads me by calm waters, comforts me, tells me “call to me and I will answer”, listen to God, open your Bible.
God’s voice thunders out from the pages, God of all ages talking to me, speak Lord, I am listening, seeking the blessings of being your servant, ever ready with my open book.
You turned your ear to me, reassured me, calmed me, enlightened me and you convicted me of my sin, I opened the door and you came in.
Your power, your voice, your presence are palpable, you accompany me in every season, you’re my reason for living, my light, my salvation.