My identity has changed significantly over the past 18 months and this Sunday I even described myself as “ex-gay”. For my whole life since my teenage years my identity has been very much about my sexuality, however now I have a new identity and that is as God’s daughter. God has given me so much more to identify with and it is important to me that I don’t allow the enemy to drag me back down, to damage my new identity in order to get at me so this prayer is my “fervent” pray of thanksgiving to God for my new identity.
- 1 Peter 2:9 – But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
- Galatians 3:26 – So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith
- John 8:36 -So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed
- Colossians 3:1-4 – Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory
- John 15:16 – You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
Praise you Father God that I have been raised with Christ, I died to my sins and now my life is hidden with you, praise you that when you appear again I will be with you in glory a perfect ending to an imperfect story, thank you Father for choosing me, appointing me to bear fruit, for choosing me before the foundations of the world were laid, no longer a slave to the past, at last I have an identity, an authenticity that means who I am in you matters more than what others think and what the enemy seeks to tell me, protect me from complacency, help me courageously fight the stigma of the past, I am forgiven, I am a new creation, my identity not in who I was but who you want me to be, I am your child, appointed and loved, free and victorious, transformed, reformed and through your word I am fully informed, I know the battle is not against flesh and blood , thank you for your love that surrounds me in the fight, help me keep your light shining as you are refining me, Father let my identity remain in you in everything I say and do.