Been continuing to read Fervent and at the end of each chapter it encourages you to write your prayer for the subject covered, today I have been looking at focus. When we pray it’s important to stay focussed and to me Ephesians 6:12 sums this up, we have to focus on who the battle is with. However I found a number of other verses that helped me to write this prayer which I have referenced below.
- Ephesians 6:12 – For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things
- Colossians 3:2 – Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things..
- Matthew 19:26 – Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
- Zechariah 2:5 – And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will be its glory within.’
- Psalm 32:8 – I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
- James 5:16 – The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective
- Psalm 105:4 – Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
- Revelation 22:12 – Behold I am coming soon
Father, you are coming soon, AMEN, Father I thank you for that truth, I praise you for your redeeming love, Father I set my mind on things above, whatever is noble, pure and right, I thank you for being the light of this world, all you have done is excellent and praiseworthy and only you are worthy of my praise and adoration, I thank you for my salvation and today I focus on truth, I focus on you and I see that the fight is not against flesh and blood, it’s a spiritual battle against darker forces and today I wake, I pray and I slay, sword of the spirit in hand I prepare for battle, where there is fear I give thanks, where there is anger I choose joy, I trust in your power and not in my plan and I know that a breakthrough is on its way, thank you that all things are possible through you, thank you that we know that our prayers are powerful and effective, thank you that as I look to you I gain strength, and Father place a wall of fire around me as I pray powerfully for my friends and family, as I intercede for others, for persecuted sisters and brothers, as I pray for my future, my walk with you help me focus on the truth, counsel me with your loving eye upon me, instruct me and teach me, free me to be a mighty warrior, strategizing against the enemy, focused on my purpose, determined, unwavering in my prayer, engaged for you in spiritual warfare.