After watching the war room I have started to read “Fervent” a book that looks at strategies for prayer and in the first chapter suggest you look at your “passion” for prayer. I have taken a number of verses and written a prayer that I hope will refocus me daily on being passionate in my prayer.
- Hebrews 10:39 – But we aren’t people who pull back and are destroyed. We are people who believe and are saved.
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do
- Psalm 136:2 – Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures for ever.
- Job 19:27 – I myself will see him with my own eyes – I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
- Psalm 84:2 – My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
God I want to thank you that your love lasts forever, I want to thank you that you loved us so much you sent your only son to die for us, thank you that you love me as if I were the only one, I call upon you now because you are worthy to be praised, you have saved me from my enemies and I am not someone to pull back or be destroyed, I fall to my knees and ask you to rekindle the fire in me, anoint me freely, burn in me fire of God, fulfil the destiny that YOU gave me, help me recognise that you have the most AMAZING plan for me, you have planted GREATNESS in my life, your sacrifice has paid the price of all my sins, praise you in the highest heaven, Father let me step into all the gifts you’ve given with passion, let me lay aside all earthly thoughts as I come before you Lord, how my heart yearns for you, my body cries out to hear from the living God and as I read your word my heart bursts with pride, you are forever on my side, you fight for me, you care for me, you love me unconditionally, Father I bring my life to you today, use me in whatever way you will to bring you the power and the glory, I am sorry for any apathy of the past, but here at last I stand, burning with fire and a fierce desire to serve you unreservedly.