Been reading and reflecting on unity, within the church, within denominations and within geographical locations, wherever we are and whatever church we go to it doesn’t matter because in God’s eyes we are all one, all children of God and all his chosen people. Got me to looking at some verses, kind of major focus on being patient and kind with each other, quick to forgive and full of love.
- Colossians 3: 12-14 – Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- 1 Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
- Ephesians 4:2 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- Psalm 133:1 – How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!
- Matthew 18:20 – For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.’
Wear love wherever you go, clothe yourself with compassion and kindness, may you never need to remind us to be humble, gentle and patient, may our fellowship reflect love and unity, let the gospel unite us with common strengths and truths, forgiving others as you forgive too, let us be the light that leads the world to you, may our differences not divide us but remind us of the riches of your love, how good it is and how good it will be when we live together in unity claiming victory for God’s people, enjoying fellowship, prayer and praise and wherever two or more are gathered in your name may we declare and proclaim that you are there in the midst of us, Jesus walking the walk with us, listening as we talk, acting as we pray, hearing every word we say, may we seek to live more closely in unity in order to hasten eternal victory.